Chocolate Orange Brownie For Thakurji
Serve these brownies hot with ICE CREAM or cold with HOT CARAMEL SAUCE or CUSTARD to Thakurji
- 200 grams GRATED DARK CHOCOLATE
- 6 Tablespoons LIGHTLY SALTED BUTTER
- 1 cup CASTOR SUGAR
- 1 cup MAIDA / FLOUR
- 3/4 teaspoon BAKING POWDER
- 1 teaspoon SODIUM BI-CARBONATE
- 1 cup PLAIN BUTTERMILK (LASSI)
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 teaspoon ORANGE ZEST (PEEL)
- ½ cup walnuts (optional)
- Sift the FLOUR, BAKING POWDER and SODIUM BI-CARBONATE together in a bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl add the SUGAR and BUTTER and mix well till creamy, keep aside.
- Take another bowl and add the DARK CHOCOLATE and heat it in a microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add the melted chocolate to the sugar and butter mixture and mix till creamy.
- Next, take the chocolate, sugar-butter mixture and add the vanilla extract, orange zest, and (walnuts) mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 150 Degrees Celsius.
- Then, alternate the buttermilk and flour mixture ensuring that NO lumps develop.
- When the mixture is creamy and smooth, take a baking tray and spread a little butter all over, after which placing a sheet of baking paper in the baking tray.
- Finally, transfer the mixture into the baking tray and bake the brownies for 10-15 minutes at 150 Degrees Celsius.
- After taking the brownies out of the oven, let it rest for 15-20 minutes and then cut them into bite size pieces and sift some ICING SUGAR on the cooled brownies.