Cashew Barfi / Kaju Katali
jai shree krushna,
Festivals are in abundance in Ashwin Maas – Prepare this easy and all time favourite delicacy sweet for Shree Thakurji . Cashew nut barfi is both nutritious and likable. You can offer Kaju Katli on Sharad Poornima along with Kheer .
- Ingredients:1. Cashews – 1 cup .
- 2. Sugar – 1/2 cup.
- 3. Water – just to the level of sugar immerses.
- 4. Ghee – to Grease your Palms.
- – Grind the Cashew to the powder form.
- The Ratio between Cashew Powder and Sugar is 2 : 1.
- Take a thick bottomed pan, and pour water till measured Sugar gets immersed .
- Keep on fire , keep checking every half minute..keep stirring .
- Check the thickness of syrup , if it is not flowing it has reached the required stage for Kaju Katli .
- Now add the cashew powder and keep stirring it to avoid lumps. Break the lumps if any formed.
- Keep the flame low and keep stirring for at least 3-4 minutes.
- Till the time the batter mix leaves the side of the pan.
Let it cool for about 10 to 15 minutes in the Pan .
Grease some ghee on your palms and knead the cashew burfi dough till soft and rolling consistency .
Roll them evenly of thickness 1/4′ inch , on board.
Cut the Barfi / Katli in diamonds shape .
Store them in air tight container.