Balushahi is also called Makkhan wada in some regions. This is a conventional sweet prepared during marriages and other festivals. Here we will make it for the bhog samagri of Shree Thakurji .
It has the self life for a week , you can store in cool ,dry place in perforated container.
- Ingredients:Maida – flour – 1 kg.
- Soda – 1/2 tsp.
- Ghee – 250 gm for maun .
- Sugar – 500gms.
- Pistachio chopped .
- Cardamom powdered.
- Ghee for deep frying.
- Mix maida with1/2 tsp soda, 250 gm of ghee well and knead flour as that of Roti / Chapati .
- Make round balls – press them with thumb in centre to give Balushahi shape .
- Heat Ghee in a pan and fry the Balushahi balls on slow flame till golden in colour.
- Mix sugar with water and bring to boil in another pan till 1 wire syrup is formed on cooling . Dip the fried Balushahis toss and turn.
- Take out each piece carefully with tong and garnish with Chopped Pistachio and Cardamom powder.
- Serve with Tulsi leave and loads of devotion and love to Shree Thakurji .