Putrda Ekadashi Vrat 2020
Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha of Pausha month is called Putrada Ekadashi it is on the 6th January Monday 2020, the first ekadashi of this year. As per religious texts , this fast results in the attainment of children.
Putrada Ekadashi Ritual-
– After taking bath etc. on the morning of Putrada Ekadashi, install a statue of Lord Vishnu in a clean place. After this, anoint the statue with water in the conch shell.
– Apply sandalwood tilak to Lord Vishnu. Worship with rice, flowers, abir, gulal, perfume and light the lamp.
– Offer yellow clothes. Offer amla, cloves, lemon, betel nut with seasonal fruits and offer kheer made from cow’s milk.
– Do not eat anything throughout the day. If possible, you can eat at one time. Awaken near the idol at night. Sing praises to the Lord.
– Offer food to Brahmins the next day. Only then open the fast. In this way, fasting and worshiping will give you children.
Story of Putrada Ekadashi-
– King Suketuman ruled in Bhadravatipuri. His queen’s name was Champa. They had no children here, so both husband and wife always lived in worry and mourning.
One day the king Suketuman went to forest. When the king felt thirsty, he reached near a lake. Many sages were performing Vedpath there. The king worshiped all those sages, pleased, the monks asked the king to ask for a boon. Muni said that Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha of Pausha month is called Putrada Ekadashi. Fasting on that day leads to the attainment of worthy children. You too do the same fast.
At the behest of the sages, the king fasted for Putrada Ekadashi and Rani Champa conceived a few days later. In due time, the queen gave birth to a stunning son, who satisfied the father with his qualities and ruled justly.