Jalebi Manorath is performed on the Paush Krushna Paksh Navmi, in particular, but Vaishnavs can have the bhaav of this manorath as per convenience. As one vaishnav offered Shree Thakurji JALEBI , whom Mahaprabhuji rejected. So ” Krupanath ” accepts what is offered to HIM with ” Bhaav “.
- 2 cups self raising / maida flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- ghee for deep frying
- 1 cup sugar
- saffron/ Kesar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 drops orange food colour / optional.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and yogurt into a batter and keep aside for 24 hours to ferment.
- Pour batter into a ketchup dispensing bottle / icing noozle.
- SYRUP –
- To make sugar syrup: Melt the sugar with the rose water and boil to get a one thread consistency. To check for one thread consistency, carefully dip the tip of your index finger into the syrup, touch your finger and thumb together , gently tease and see a thread is formed. The syrup is done. Add the Saffron strands and the cardamom powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the Ghee in a deep wok-like dish. To test for the right temperature, drop a small amount of batter into the ghee. If it sizzles and rises to the top of the ghee, the ghee is hot enough. Keep the flame on medium at all times to ensure all round cooking of the jalebis.
- Now hold the ketchup dispenser over the hot ghee and squeeze the batter into the ghee into a wiggly, randomly coiled circle. Squeeze out several at a time. Distancing properly in a line.
- Fry till light golden and then remove and put directly into the sugar syrup.
- Allow to soak for 2-3 minutes and then remove.
- Serve Hot , garnished with more Safforn .
- Sweet , tempting Jalebis are ready to be served to Shree Thakurji with lots of love and devotion. radhe radhe.